Monday, April 1, 2013

New Challenge at Digi Galore Challenges: Easter


Hi, Bloggers!  First of all, I know I STILL have a Halloween template up on my blog, and I apologize.  I have been running into problems trying to update it.  It's been a bit frustrating to say the least.  I promise to have a more up-to-date design up soon!

Well, hope you all had a nice Easter weekend.  My toddler dyed Easter eggs for the first time and had a blast!  What fun!

Speaking of Easter, that is the theme of our most recent challenge over at Digi Galore Challenges.  Our sponsor for this challenge is Whoopsi Daisy.   Please be sure to check out the main post over at Digi Galore Challenges for the challenge rules and to post your entry.

I chose to work with this adorable image of two birds.   I tried to stick with a clean, bright design.   I colored the image with Copic pens and then added pink Stickles to the flowers.  I used one of my Spellbinders dies to cut out the image and then inked the edges with TH Distress Ink in Pickled Raspberry.  Love the bright pink!

The leaves are a flourish die from Cheery Lynn Designs.  The flowers were made with two different La-La Land dies.  I added flat back pearls to the centers.   The white background cardstock was embossed with the Swiss Dots embossing folder by Cuttlebug.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you come back and check out my posts later this week.  I finally got a YouTube channel going, and I think it will be much easier to share projects there.  I'll still post to my blog, but I will also be posting more detailed info on my YT channel as well.  Have a great week! :)


6 comments:

  1. Very cute card. Love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card - I love the pearls in the centre of the flowers! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Dena~
    Hope all is well with you and the family... Happy Belated Easter ! Love the card, I'm big fan of birds - love the image and the cuteness of your card...
    Enjoy your new week!

    ReplyDelete